Saturday 13 July 2013

To the beach!

13 July 2013

It's hot and sunny in Scotland - Quick, get outside and enjoy it!

This seems to be how things work here and I am trying my best to fit in. It was a nice day today, so I headed to the beach! One of the "suburbs" is called Portobello and is only about 15 minutes by bus from where I'm living right now. It was a bit windy, but I enjoyed a nice lunch on the beach and a bit of time reading in the sun.





The beach seemed relatively busy with lots of families and plenty of dogs. The esplanade has a couple of nice places to eat and get treats like ice cream. It was a bit windy and not terribly warm, so I opted for a sugar and lemon crepe instead. Yum!





I walked along the beach and enjoyed sticking my toes in the ocean - it's been a long time!

Toes in the sand :)

I enjoy carrying a carabiner around -
you never know when it might be
handy!















While I was walking along the beach, I ran into this little guy crawling around:




















A panoramic of the beach:


Some other scenic pictures from the beach:


Shells, seaweed, and ripples.

Two types of ripple marks in the sand - I would
love to ask my students to look at this and tell me
what is going on here...


Somebody is hiding in the sand!







These were the waves before the wind picked up.


No comments:

Post a Comment